Friday, May 26, 2006

Candy Review: Oh Henry!

This summer I have the fortune to live only mere paces away from a frequently-stocked vending machine, meaning that I can delight in candy confections all I want at all times of the day and night. My eye is always drawn to the bright yellow wrapper of the Oh Henry! bar but I never get it because...well because who ever really wants an Oh Henry! bar? I've never had one, but yesterday my curiosity got the better of me.

Okay. First offense: it's separated into two stout, rectangular bars. And truthfully, if you ain't Mounds, you can't pull that shit off. It's chocolate coated nougat and caramel, but the nougat is so thick that I had to chew it rather forcefully for more time than I would have cared. Also, it's just not that tasty. James referred to it as an "old people candy bar" and it totally is. Because it's totally not good. The chocolate and nougat taste cheap. But points for the annoyingly endearing name and wrapper.

Overall grade: C- (I would rank it slightly lower than a Bun)

No comments: