Thursday, April 13, 2006

Blah. White.

Television Without Pity is running a brief interview with Black. White. creator R.J. Cutler. It's nothing particularly revealing, but it's fun to see some of the thought that went into developing the show.

I like that he acknowledges the difficulty with the makeup, since I still think it looks fakey mcfake at least half of the time. Though I will admit that I did find myself saying, "Hey that's pretty convincing" more often as the show progressed. He kind of downplays the seemingly high level of producer intervention, which is something I think could have benefitted the show more in general--a more transparent breaking down of the fourth wall. But at least Cutler reveals what they said to the peripheral characters about the camera crew. That's been a nuisance of mine since the first ep. And I totally forgot he did that American High show that no one watched except me. And I think I only watched the first episode, come to think of it. Good show, though...maybe.

Edited to add: Did anyone else watch the BW finale tonight? Because, yaaawn. I feel bad for being so bored. There just wasn't much there. It was like, poetry reading, museum, hiking, blah blah journey not a destination blah talking blah something. Then eighty-seven hours later the families moved out. It would be interesting to see a follow-up or reunion type show. That would put better closure on the series.

No comments: